Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My family essay


We are a joint family. Our family name is Patel. Our family includes my grandfather, grandmother, my parents, uncle and aunts, my three cousins, my sister and myself. There are eleven members in all, in my family. My seventy-five-year old grandfather is a very strict and determined person. But he is also kind and loving. My grandmother looks after everyone. She helps my mother and aunt in their work. She tells us stories from the Ramayana and the Mahabharata at night.

My mother and aunt do most of the household work. My father is a computer programmer in a private company. He is an expert in his work. My uncle Sam, is a mechanical engineer. He runs a small factory. He writes science fictions, too, for newspapers and magazines. He has three children, Maya, Madhav and Manas. They study in my school. My elder sister attends her college.

Generally, there are no quarrels and exchange of hot words. And if sometimes there is some trouble, my grandfather quickly intervenes and everything goes on well. Our family helps the neighbors who are in difficulty. So it is well respected. I love my family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment